A unique and special panna cotta flavor combined with a nice chocolate sauce. This walnut panna cotta with chocolate sauce is so rich and very delicious! yummy! Easy to prepare and even easier to eat. Try the recipe!
For the walnut panna cotta:
- 2 ¾ cups milk
- 1 packet (7 gram) gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 50 grams’ walnuts
- 5 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- 150 ml heavy cream
- 100 grams high quality chocolate
For garnish (optional):
- A few walnuts
- In a blender or food processor, process the walnuts until powdered. Set aside.
- Place the water in a small bowl and sprinkle over the gelatin. Combine and leave aside to set for 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, pour the milk in a saucepan and add the sugar. Heat over medium heat, stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves and the mixture come to a slow boil. Fold in the gelatin and cook, stirring for 1 minute or just until the gelatin dissolves.
- Remove from heat and immediately add the blended walnuts along with the vanilla extract; stir to incorporate.
- Pour mixture into 4 to 6 ramekins. Let them cool at room temperature for 15 minutes, before refrigerating.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- 5 minutes before serving, prepare the chocolate sauce: in a small saucepan, pour the heavy cream and add the chocolate. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the chocolate is melted and you get a nice, semi-thick mixture. Remove.
- Top the walnut panna cotta with the chocolate sauce, garnish with some walnuts (if desired) and serve.