This is my absolute favorite time of the year. Bring on all of the pumpkin desserts. I love pumpkin but I have a serious obsession with pumpkin and cream cheese desserts. Be sure to brace yourselves for some awesome pumpkin recipes that are coming right at ya.
- PREP TIME 15 MINUTES
- COOK TIME 25 MINUTES
- TOTAL TIME 40 MINUTES
This is the World’s Best Pumpkin Roll! It is a perfectly moist and tender thin pumpkin cake that gets rolled up with a sweet cream cheese filling and dusted with powdered sugar.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 Tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar plus extra for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 375 Degrees. In a large mixing bowl beat your eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin puree. In a separate mixing bowl, mix together flour and baking soda. Add slowly to the wet ingredients and combine until smooth.
- Line a 10×15 inch jelly roll pan with a sheet of parchment paper coming about 1 inch over the sides. Spread the mixture evenly on top of the parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool just enough to touch. Lift the cake out of the pan. Starting from the short ends, gently roll up the pumpkin cake with the parchment paper inside. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once it has cooled, prepare the cream cheese filling. Beat together the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until smooth. Unroll the cake and spread on top leaving 1/4 inch edge so that the filling won’t spill out as you roll it up. Roll the pumpkin cake back up without the parchment paper. (I like to cover my pumpkin roll in plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour before I serve making the cuts cleaner.)
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Once pumpkin roll is finished, I like to cover my pumpkin roll with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour for cleaner cuts.