This dish is wonderful.I have actually made this and it was therefore tasty as well as appeared gorgeous. I love how crumbly it is actually yet if you desire a more strong crusting simply add more butter or coconut oil.
I made this specifically for my father who enjoys crucial lime pie! It was Father’s Time and also it was actually devoured apart from 2 items! I will say that is actually a succeed!
Sugar-Free Key Lime Pie Bars
- Course Dessert
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Servings 18
- Calories 211 kcal
- 2 cups coconut shredded, unsweet
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds unsalted, raw
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Swerve sweetener
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 limes or 1/2 cup
- 1.5 tsp gelatin unflavored
- 2 avocados ripe
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon pure stevia extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon liquid stevia
- optional topping: 2 cups whipped cream
- In a food processor add all crust ingredients and process until combined.
- Press mixture into a greased 9 by 13 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan add lime juice and gelatin and bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and stir constantly until gelatin is dissolved. Cool 2 minutes.
- In a stand mixer beat avocados and cream cheese until combined well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the stand mixer and beat on high until whipped in texture and all incorporated.
- Pour in the cooled lime and gelatin mixture and beat until combined.
- Pour this mixture onto the crust in the baking dish.
- Refrigerate uncovered for 2-3 hours.
- Add optional whipped cream if desired.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Net Carbs: 4g
- You can certainly change out the sweetener to your choice.
- If you want a less crumbly crust, add a few tablespoons more of butter or even coconut oil to the crust mixture in the food processor and process until desired.
- If you don’t have erythritol for the crust just eliminate and use 2 tablespoons of powdered stevia or even coconut sugar.
- FUN FACT: Key limes are not actually green when ripe as the limes you see in most supermarkets. In fact they are yellow when ripe. They are more tart and bitter than typical limes. They are well known in the Florida Keys as the “key” ingredient in making Key Lime pie. But obviously if you can’t find “true” key limes, regular limes will also work.
- FYI: Absolutely NO avocado flavor is present in this pie, it simply makes the filling super duper creamy!