One of my favorite things about summer is all the ice cream cones and treats. I love a giant banana split sundae loaded down with all the toppings. This Oreo banana chocolate pie is probably one of the best pies that I’ve ever tried! The fusion of my favorite products – the holy trio: Oreo, banana, and chocolate, makes this cake a dream dessert experience! Easy and quick – you will need only 15 minutes to make it and about 3 hours to set! Try the recipe:
Servings 10 -12
For the crust:
- 300 grams Oreo cookies
- 80 grams of melted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ripen bananas
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon banana or vanilla extract
- Chocolate glaze (optional)
- Chocolate topping (optional)
- Oreo cookie crumbs
- Line a round loose-bottomed cake tin with baking paper.
- In a blender, mix the Oreos until finely crushed. Pour the melted butter and vanilla into the blender and mix until combined. Press evenly into the cake tin to make the base. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling. In a food processor or blender, pulse the bananas until smooth. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream and sugar until creamy. Add the banana paste and extract and whisk again until incorporated.
- Pour over the crust and spread well. Refrigerate to chill and set for 3-4 hours.
- To decorate, remove from and garnish with Oreo cookie crumbs and/or chocolate glaze (if desired); Slice and serve.