The recipe starts by separating the Oreo cookies and the mint filling into two bowls. The cookies get mixed with some butter and sugar to form an amazing Oreo crust, and the mint filling gets added to the cheesecake mixture that goes on top of the crust. A couple more Oreo pieces on top and about 15 minutes in the oven, and you have the perfect minty cheesecake to enjoy!
- Prep time
- Cook time
- Total time
- Recipe type: Dessert
- Serves: 9-12
- crust layer:
- 16 Mint Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- cheesecake layer:
- 1 large egg
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- filling from 16 Mint Oreos
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4.2 ounce box Jell-O Oreo Cookies ‘N Cream Instant Pudding
- 8 Mint Oreos, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line an 8 × 8 inch pan with foil.
- To make the crust layer: Pull apart 16 Mint Oreos and scrape the mint filling into a bowl and set aside. Add the Oreo cookies (without the filling) to a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. Add the sugar and pulse again to combine. Pour in melted butter and continue to pulse until mixture is fully combined. Press Oreo crust mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake 12 minutes and set on a rack to cool.
- To make the cheesecake layer: In a large bowl, whisk the egg until it is light and foamy. Add the softened cream cheese, reserved Mint Oreo filling, sugar, vanilla, and dry pudding mix. Blend with a hand mixer (or in a stand mixer) until smooth. Spread cheesecake layer over the Oreo crust and gently press the quartered Mint Oreo pieces into the top of the cheesecake. Bake 15-20 minutes until the cheesecake layer is set. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in refrigerator.