These classic chocolate no bake cookies have been one of my favorite sweet treats since I was a little girl. I remember standing as close as possible at the stove when Mama would make these, just so I could help in any way possible. From pouring in the oats, to carefully stirring as I got a little older. And then, when they were ready to drop onto the parchment paper, I was always eager to have that job!
How to Make Chocolate No Bake Cookies Recipe
Making no bake cookies is one of the simplest cookie recipes to make and one that I started making as a child and one that my own son started making early as well. There are just a few tricks to making sure that they come out perfect every time.
- Add your sugar and cocoa powder to a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan. Whisk until thoroughly mixed. Add milk and butter and cook over medium-high heat. Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute. This rolling boil and boiling for 1 minute is the key! Otherwise, your cookies will not set properly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, salt, peanut butter and oats.
- Drop cookies by tablespoons onto parchment paper.
- Allow to dry for about 10-15 minutes until the no bake cookies have become firm.
Chocolate No Bake Cookies Recipe
No Bake Cookies Recipe – These simple chocolate no bake cookies make a perfect sweet treat. Made with cocoa powder, peanut butter, and oats, these no bake cookies are always a favorite.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Serving Size: 1 cookie
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk
- 8 tablespoons butter cut into large pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- Add sugar and cocoa powder to a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan. Whisk until thoroughly mixed. Add milk and butter and cook over medium-high heat. Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, salt, peanut butter and oats. Drop cookies by tablespoons onto parchment paper. Allow to dry for about 10-15 minutes until the no bake cookies have become firm.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 57mg | Potassium: 58mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 83IU | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg