Quick Cuban-Style Pork Chops Recipe: These are like Cuban sandwiches without the bread, so they’re a bit more elegant. Let your family customize theirs with pickles, mustard and other condiments.
- Total Time
- Prep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 4 slices deli ham (about 3 ounces)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Optional ingredients: mayonnaise, additional Dijon mustard and thinly sliced dill pickles
- Mix mustard, lime juice and adobo seasoning. Lightly pound pork chops with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; spread both sides with mustard mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 3-4 hours.
- Grill pork, covered, over medium heat 3 minutes. Turn pork and top with ham; grill 2 minutes longer. Top with cheese and cilantro; grill, covered, 30-60 seconds longer or until cheese is melted and a thermometer inserted in chops reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with mayonnaise, mustard and pickles.
1 serving (calculated without optional ingredients): 247 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.