Oven roast garlic pork chops with carrots and potatoes : Our oven roast pork chops with garlic are lathered with a yummy sauce that’s both sweet and savory. You’re in for a real treat! First of all, these roast pork chops are AMAZING. If you love oven roast pork chops, you’ll obsess over how delicious and super easy they are to make. Second of all, this is such a versatile pork chop recipe! You can cook them in a skillet and they’ll be a fabulous skillet pork chop recipe baked in the oven, or you can just pan fry them and they’ll be one of the best pan fried pork chops you’ll ever have! We cooked these pork chops on a sheet pan, then broiled the top for extra flavor and texture. That’s probably why they tasted so fantastic.
Roasted Garlic Pork Chops with Potatoes and Carrots
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Marinate Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins
Pork chops vary in size and thickness, so adjust cooking times as necessary. Our recipe was made with 3/4” thick center cut pork loin chops at about 8 ounces each. If you’re cooking with thinner and smaller chops, reduce cooking time and check the chops earlier for doneness. You can cook these on a skillet and sear them first before you put them in the oven, which skips the broiler method in the end.
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 4 servings
- Calories: 623 kcal
- 4 pork chops (we used 3/4” center cut loin chops, 8-ounces each)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard or yellow mustard
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt , or to taste
- black pepper , to taste (preferably fresh cracked pepper)
- 1 pound small potatoes , cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 large carrots , cut into bite sized pieces or 1 cup small baby carrots, halved
- Minced parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- Make the marinade: in large ziplock bag, combine 3 tablespoons of olive oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire, ketchup, onion powder, mustard, brown sugar and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Rub the bag between your hands to combine all the ingredients. Place pork chops in the bag and massage the marinade into the pork chops. Seal the bag and marinade the pork chops for at least 30 minutes.
- Toss the potatoes and carrots with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take pork chops out of the marinade bag and place on baking sheet. Add the potatoes and carrots on same baking sheet around the pork chops. Brush leftover marinade over the potatoes, carrots, and the pork chops.
- Bake the pork chops for 35-50 minutes, or until the pork chops are cooked through or internal temperature reaches 145° F.
- Change the oven setting to “Broil” with the oven rack about 6-8 inches from the heating element. Broil the pork chops for about 3-7 minutes or until a nicely browned crust forms.
- Garnish with minced parsley, optional. Serve warm.