This amazingly delicious cream chocolate cake with cherries is so rich, creamy and well moist. Easy, quick and simple, this cake is an ideal dessert for any occasion. It will take you around 45 minutes to prepare it, plus a few hours to set. Here is the recipe:
- 1 pack devil’s food cake mix
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz. (1 package) cream cheese, softened
- 2 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 8 oz. (1 container) mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups cherry preserves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease 9-in. round cake pan. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together cake mix, water, instant coffee, eggs, and 1/2 cup butter on low speed (for 30 sec), then on medium speed (for 2 minutes). Pour into pan.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake 45-52 minutes or until tester inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes, then remove from pan and let it cool entirety (for around 1 hour).
- In the meantime, prepare the frosting. Using an electric mixer, on medium speed, beat together the cream cheese, 1 cup unsalted butter, and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Apply mascarpone cheese, vanilla extract, and salt; whisk on low just until incorporated. Set aside.
- Now, using a serrated knife, cut the chilled cake in 1/2 horizontally in order to make two layers. Apply bottom layer, cut side up, on serving the dish. Spoon 1/2 of frosting onto cake layer; spread, making a thick
- To finish, top with ½ of the cherry preserves; spread to cover. Apply remaining layer and top with remaining frosting; spread to cover the top, then apply remaining preserves over cake.
- Refrigerate at least two hours before serving. Slice and serve.