This recipe is great for single serving desserts. But you could also make a no bake black forest pie instead.
This subtle addition is so perfect with the rich chocolate flavor. They really complement the cheesecake mousse texture for a dessert that’s super satisfying and tasty.
How to make keto chocolate cheesecake mousse
Like any keto mousse, this recipe is so easy to make in only a few steps.
- Beat cream cheese with cocoa, sweetener, and flavor extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff.
- Fold the two mixture together until well combined.
- Beat the combined mixture until light and fluffy. Transfer to serving dishes and refrigerate for two hours.
How many carbs in black forest cheesecake
A traditional black forest cake or cheesecake will be very high in sugar and carbs. Depending on where you order, there could be over 50 grams of carbs and close to 40 grams of sugar per slice.
However, this keto chocolate mousse with cream cheese uses low carb ingredients for a dessert that is keto friendly.
The full recipe is for 6 servings. At that size, each serving has 4.5 grams of total carbs and 1.2 grams of fiber. This means there are 3.3 grams of net carbs per serving.
With such low carbs, no added sugar, and no baking required, this keto black forest mousse is pretty much a perfect treat.
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 5 minutes
- Servings 6 servings
- Calories 278kcal
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla stevia drops
- 1/4 teaspoon monk fruit liquid extract
- 1 teaspoon cherry extract use vanilla for regular chocolate flavor
- 1 cup heavy cream
US Customary – Metric
- Beat cream cheese, cocoa, stevia, monk fruit, and cherry extract until smooth.
- In separate bowl, beat heavy cream with mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into cream cheese, then fold in the rest of the whipped cream.
- Beat with an electric mixer on high until light and fluffy.
- Pipe into individual serving dishes and top each with a fresh cherry or grated chocolate, if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
Double recipe to use as a no bake pie filling
Makes 6 servings
Nutrition per serving: 3.3g net carb