I made this no bake version of banana cream pie . It is DELICIOUS!!! So decadent and banana yumminess! This is our families new dessert favorite! I can’t wait to dive in and make more recipes from Oh Sweet Basil. The good that’s come out of sheltering in place is having time to cook and now ordering out is getting duller and duller compared to making food at home.
Freshly made banana cream pie will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. It should be loosely covered with plastic or foil.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Servings: 8 slices
- 1 1/2 Cups Nilla Wafer Crumbs grind the cookies in a blender
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter melted
- 1 3.4 ounce of Banana Cream Instant Pudding
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Whipped Cream* see note
- 2 Large Bananas slices
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter and press into a pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes and remove to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk and pudding.
- In another bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth, add the condensed milk and beat again. Stir in the pudding then fold in the whipped cream.
- Place the bananas in a single layer on the cooled pie crust.
- Top with the pudding mixture and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or overnight if needed.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream.
To make fresh whipped cream simply beat 3/4 cup heavy cream until soft peaks begin to form. Add in 1/4 Cup powdered sugar or to taste and beat until stiff peaks form.