Keto chocolate cupcakes with almond flour are low carb cupcakes. Unlike regular wheat flour ones, there are minimal carbs in chocolate cupcakes with frosting. These keto chocolate cupcakes are both keto and gluten-free, but many gluten-free cupcakes wouldn’t necessarily be keto as well. Most gluten-free cupcakes would be made with gluten-free flours, but few of those are low carb.
Just 6 grams net carbs! Which is pretty incredible, because you’d never guess it once you try this low carb cupcakes recipe.
These low carb chocolate cupcakes are made up of easy, keto staples that you probably already have in your pantry.
How To Make Keto Chocolate Cupcakes
These easy keto cupcakes take just 10 minutes to prep!
Let me show you how to make keto cupcakes that are both quick and delicious:
- Beat butter and sweetener. Using a hand mixer, beat butter and sweetener together until it’s fluffy and light yellow in color.
- Add in dry ingredients. Beat in almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Add in liquid ingredients. Beat in eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Spoon the batter into lined muffin cups. You want them almost full.
- Bake the cupcakes. Bake the keto chocolate cupcakes for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let keto cupcakes with almond flour cool. Once cupcakes are cool, frost with keto chocolate frosting.
Store chocolate keto cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days. If you keep them in the cupcake pan, cover with plastic wrap or foil.
You can also freeze keto chocolate cupcakes with almond flour. Wrap each cupcake individually in plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn. The keto friendly cupcakes will last 2-3 months in the freezer.
To thaw, simply leave them at room temperature until they thaw completely.
Low Carb Keto Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe (Almond Flour)
See how to make keto chocolate cupcakes with almond flour and no sugar! This keto low carb chocolate cupcakes recipe is rich, sweet, and ready in 30 minutes.
- Calories 479 kcal
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Servings 10 servings
- US Customary – Metric
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 2 cups Blanched almond flour
- 6 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/3 cup Butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup Besti Monk Fruit Erythritol Blend (or 2/3 cup if you have a strong sweet tooth)
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 recipe Keto Chocolate Frosting (1 1/4 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Line 10 cups in a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat butter and sweetener together, until fluffy.
- Beat in almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Beat in eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool completely, then frost with keto chocolate frosting (about 2 tablespoons frosting per cupcake).