This recipe is incredibly easy to make. The frosting is made ahead of time by combining ingredients on the stove, chilling, then beating in cream cheese and swerve.
For the cupcakes, you simply mix the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls. Then combine them, spoon the batter into a molds, and bake.
If you’re craving the soft, fluffy texture and yummy taste of cupcakes, you have to give this recipe a try!
Simple steps to prepare these tasty treats
Low carb cupcakes are very easy to whip up and only require a few minutes of prep time.
Start with the frosting
- Combine the whipping cream, liquid sweetener and butter in a saucepan over high heat.
- Once the boiling point is reached, remove from heat.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and xanthan gum.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator to chill for two hours.
- After chilling, add the cream cheese and powdered sweetener to the whipping cream mixture. Beat everything together with an electric mixer until it reaches a smooth, frosting consistency.
Prep and bake the low carb cupcakes
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut flour, coconut, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, powdered sweetener, stevia, melted butter, extracts, and almond milk until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the batter evenly into a six cupcake pan with paper liners in each cup.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Frost your cupcakes and serve!
These cupcakes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also store them in the freezer to extend the shelf-life. That way, you’ll have an easy keto dessert whenever your sweet tooth strikes.
Low Carb Coconut Flour Keto Cupcakes
The texture of these low carb gluten free coconut cupcakes is nice and airy. Top with a sweet sugar-free buttercream frosting and a sprinkling of coconut.
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Servings 6 cupcakes
- Calories 238kcal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour sifted
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners Powdered Sweetener or erythritol powder
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia concentrated powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar free vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 12 drops SweetLeaf stevia drops or stevia gycerite
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 ounce cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Swerve Confectioners Powdered Sweetener
- Line cupcake pan with six liners, set aside.
- Combine coconut flour, coconut, baking powder and salt in small bowl. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, Swerve, stevia, melted butter, extracts, and almond milk until well combined.
- Blend in dry mixture. Spoon batter evenly into cupcake liners.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until done.
- Heat whipping cream, liquid sweetener and butter in saucepan until boiling point reached. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract, and xanthan gum. Chill for two hours.
- Add cream cheese and Swerve. Beat with electric mixer until smooth and at frosting consistency.
Leave out the shredded coconut and replace the coconut extract with vanilla extract for a plain vanilla cake.
Some of the powdered sweetener can be replaced with an unflavored protein powder to reduce sweetness.
For a 9-inch round single layer cake, double the recipe and increase baking time until the cake tests done.
Nutritional Data for Unfrosted Cupcakes:
122kcal Calories | 4g Carbohydrates | 4g Protein | 10g Fat | 6g Saturated Fat | 97mg Cholesterol | 196mg Sodium | 78mg Potassium | 2g Fiber | 1g Sugar | 294IU Vitamin A | 34mg Calcium | 1mg Iron