Pinwheels are often served at parties or showers as finger foods but they’re also great for quick and easy lunches. While pinwheels might be delicious with their soft tortilla layer, it isn’t keto-friendly. This recipe takes the same idea of pinwheels and makes it low carb by leaving the flour tortilla out completely of the equation.
These pinwheels use deli sliced meat as the “tortilla” and fill it with bacon, cream cheese, homemade ranch seasoning and tart black olives. While all those flavors won’t appease everyone, it’s easily customizable and you can substitute any fillings you like (as long as they’re keto-approved that is).
Low Carb Pinwheels with Bacon and Cream Cheese – this quick and easy keto recipe is versatile and is great as an appetizer or as a snack.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 8 slices of ham or salami lunchmeat thick sliced (or double up thinly sliced lunchmeat)
- 5-8 slices bacon cooked
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons homemade ranch seasoning
- 1/4 cup black olives chopped
- Place the salami or ham down on a cutting board in overlapping rows 4×2.
- Spread cream cheese over the salami. If your cream cheese is too hard to spread with a knife, you can try placing it between two sheets of wax paper and rolling it flat with a rolling pin and then placing it onto the salami or ham.
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning on the cream cheese and then add the black olives. (alternatively, you can blend seasonings into cream cheese before spreading).
- Lay the strips of bacon across the cream cheese in the short direction.
- Carefully roll the pinwheels – long side to long side, rolling as tightly as possible.
- Hold the roll securely and cut into 1-2″ pieces.
- Serve as an appetizer or wrap each piece individually with plastic wrap for single-servings.
Nutrition information shown is an estimate and is not to be assumed to be accurate. If accurate information is required for your diet or lifestyle, please calculate the nutrition yourself using a tool you trust.