I love it when recipes like this easy low carb key lime pie are both decadent and healthy all at the same time.
How To Make Low Carb Key Lime Pie With Cream Cheese
The process for how to make keto key lime pie needs just 4 easy steps:
- Make the crust. Mix together the almond flour, coconut oil, and sweetener and press into the pie pan. Do your best to get the crust into an even layer.
- Mix the filling. Blend together avocado, cream cheese, powdered sweetener, and vanilla extract together. Once it’s combined, add in the lime zest and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Chill the keto key lime pie. You’ll want to refrigerate the pie for at least two hours so that it’s firm enough to cut.
TIP: If the key lime pie with cream cheese is a little soft, stick it into the freezer to help it solidify quicker.
How To Make A Low Carb Pie Crust
Low carb pie crust is easy to make, you just have to use low carb ingredients! I’ve found great success in swapping almond flour for regular, refined white flour and using erythritol, allulose, or monk fruit allulose blend instead of sugar.
It tastes like traditional pie crust, but without all the carbs and sugars! My almond flour crust is perfect for this sugar free key lime pie cheesecake and it couldn’t be easier to make.
Get the instructions for how to make almond flour pie crust here.
Are Limes Ok For Keto Diet?
Yes, limes are ok for the keto diet! An entire lime has just 5 grams of net carbs, and it’s unlikely you would eat an entire lime anyway. In this keto key lime pie recipe for example, there are 4 limes divided between 12 servings.
My low carb & keto food list has an extensive list of keto-friendly foods – bookmark it so you can check the carb amounts in foods at any time.
Sugar-Free Keto Low Carb Key Lime Pie Recipe With Cream Cheese
Low carb key lime pie with cream cheese (avocado key lime pie) is DELICIOUSLY creamy & refreshing! Just 10 minutes prep + 7 ingredients for this easy keto key lime pie recipe.
- Course Dessert
- Cuisine American
- Calories 324 kcal
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Chilling Time 2 hours
- Servings 12 slices
- US Customary – Metric
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 2 cups Blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend
- 2 medium Avocado (very ripe)
- 12 oz Cream cheese (softened at room temperature or by heating)
- 4 small Limes
- 2/3 cup Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Line the bottom of a pie pan with parchment paper (optional, but makes it easier to remove the slices later).
- To make the crust, stir together the almond flour, coconut oil, and sweetener. Press the crust into the pie pan. Set aside.
- Place the avocado (skin removed), softened cream cheese, powdered sweetener, and vanilla extract into a high power blender or a food processor.
- Zest the limes using a zester and add the zest to the blender. Squeeze the juice out of all the limes in there as well. Puree the mixture until smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula.
- Pour/spoon the pureed mixture into the crust. Smooth with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours, until the pie is firm. Serve with homemade sugar-free whipped cream if desired. Keep refrigerated.
Serving size: 1 slice, or 1/12 of entire pie