Keto Low-Carb Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe: Bone broth is nutritious, rich in vitamins, and nutrients. It’s made up of the broth that forms when cow, chicken, or fish bones are simmered. The broth is loaded with collagen and is great for helping improve the joints, reduce inflammation and leaky gut, aide in sleep and help promote weight loss.
Keto Low-Carb Instant Pot Chicken Noodle (Zoodle) Soup is the best, healthy, no noodles soup that is made with zucchini. This homemade recipe can also be prepared in a Crockpot slow cooker and is made with bone broth, fresh veggies, and without rice. There are 7 net carbs in this soup. This post also outlines what soups you can eat on keto.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
manual release of steam 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 16-20 oz skinless chicken breasts (mine were 20oz) You can also use chicken thighs
- 6 cups Kettle and Fire Chicken Bone Broth I used 2 packages of the Chicken Mushroom Flavor. You can also use chicken stock.
- 1 tablespoon Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds spiralized zucchini, The amount of zucchini will vary based on size. This is about 3-4 zucchini.
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Chop up the spiralized zucchini into small strands. Place the spiralized zucchini on paper towels. Add a teaspoon of salt to the zucchini. Allow the zucchini to sit and sweat out excess moisture for at least 30 minutes. (I perform this step whenever I cook with spiralized zucchini. For a broth-based soup, it may be considered optional for some.)
- Turn the Instant Pot on the Saute function. Add the olive oil to the pot.
- When the pot becomes warm, add the garlic, celery, and onions. Cook until the onions are soft and fragrant.
- Add the bone broth, Better Than Bouillon, water, and chicken breasts to the pot.
- Place the lid on the pot and seal. Cook for 10 minutes on Manual High Pressure.
- Allow the steam to release naturally instead of quick release.
- Open the pot and remove the chicken.
- Place the Instant Pot on the Saute function. Add the zucchini noodles and fresh spinach to the pot. Stir to combine. Allow the soup to cook until the noodles soften.
- Shred the chicken. Add the shredded chicken to the pot.
- Taste the soup repeatedly and add salt and pepper to taste.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, chopped onions, celery, and garlic. Cook until the onions are soft and fragrant.
- Add the cooked vegetables, bone broth, Better than Bouillon, water, and chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
- Cook for 4 hours on High or 8 hours on Low.
- Open the pot and remove the chicken and shred it. Place the slow cooker on Warm.
- Add the shredded chicken, zucchini noodles, and spinach to the pot. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until the zucchini noodles are soft.
If you use chicken thighs, adjust the Instant Pot cook time to 14 minutes. Slow cooker time will remain the same.