This cheesy dip keeps things seriously low-carb, 1 gram per serving to be exact! Chorizo takes the spotlight in the recipe, along with the cheese, obviously. If you haven’t had chorizo before, it is simply a spicy sausage that comes from Spain or Mexico but that is found easily at many local grocery stores.
The sausage will accumulate a lot of greases so you’ll want to drain it before you bake this dip. This recipe uses Monterrey jack cheese for a sharp and bold flavor and the jalapenos turn up the heat in this recipe. You could enjoy this dip with a keto-friendly snack like pork rinds or you could even make the cheese crisp recipe that we talked about earlier.
- 12 ounces chorizo
- 1 pound monterrey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced pickled jalapenos
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Additional cilantro and lime wedges for serving
- Brown chorizo in pan over medium heat and drain grease
- Shred cheese and set 1/2 cup aside
- Mix remaining cheese in bowl with jalapenos, scallions, cilantro and chorizo
- Place mixture into baking dish (I used an 8×8)
- Top with reserved cheese and bake at 400 for 10 minutes until bubbly, broil until brown
- Enjoy with pork rinds!