These low carb snickerdoodle cookies are made with the same concept – except we’ve made them low carb and keto! Instead of using sugar, we’re using a keto and low carb sweetener, and instead of flour, we’re using almond flour. It still tastes like your favorite cookie, but in a healthier package.
How To Make Keto Snickerdoodle Cookies
This keto snickerdoodle cookie recipe is an easy one, which is convenient because you can make them whenever your snickerdoodle keto cookie craving strikes!
Let me show you how to make keto snickerdoodle cookies with almond flour:
- Mix together low carb snickerdoodles dough. Using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sweetener together until fluffy.
TIP: Using a golden sweetener gives the cookies a brown-sugar-like flavor, but you can use regular granulated if that’s all you have.
- Add remaining ingredients. Beat in the cinnamon, xanthan gum, and baking powder. When combined, beat in the egg and vanilla.
TIP: The xanthan gum makes the cookies soft and chewy! If you prefer to avoid it, try a tablespoon of unflavored gelatin powder instead.
- Add almond flour. Beat in the almond flour 1/2 cup at a time. The cookie dough will be a bit crumbly, like this:
- Mix together coating. In a small bowl, stir together sweetener blend and cinnamon.
- Form cookies. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the dough. Release and roll the snickerdoodle cookie dough balls into the cinnamon coating.
- Place cookies on baking sheet. After they’ve gotten a roll in the cinnamon coating, place them on a prepared cookie sheet and lightly flatten using the palm of your hand.
TIP: The cookies won’t spread much, so you’ll need to flatten them to the thickness you want before baking. They can form cracks on the edges as you flatten them, which is totally fine!
- Bake. Bake the cookies until golden. Cool completely before removing them from the pan!
Carbs In Snickerdoodle Cookies
Traditional snickerdoodle cookies have about 13 grams carbs, and most of that is sugar!
In my sugar free snickerdoodles? Only 3 grams net carbs!
The full nutrition stats can be found below the recipe card, but these snickerdoodle carbs are low, making them perfect for your low carb and/or keto lifestyle.
Low Carb Keto Snickerdoodles Cookie Recipe
This keto snickerdoodle cookie recipe lets you enjoy a cookie classic with only 3g net carbs! See how to make low carb snickerdoodles in just 30 minutes.
- Calories 193 kcal
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Servings 12 cookies
- US Customary – Metric
- 6 tbsp Salted butter
- 1/3 cup Golden monk fruit sweetener blend
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Golden monk fruit sweetener blend
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a hand mixer at medium speed, cream butter, and sweetener together until fluffy.
- Beat in the cinnamon, xanthan gum, and baking powder. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the almond flour, 1/2 cup (64 g) at a time.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together the sweetener blend and cinnamon for the coating.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the dough and press into the scoop. Release and roll into a ball. Roll the ball in the cinnamon coating. Place onto the lined baking sheet and and flatten using your palm. Repeat with remaining cookie dough, placing the cookies at least 1.5 inches (4 cm) apart after flattening.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, until golden. Cool completely before moving.