You’ll make this recipe many times since it’s the fastest and easiest way to make pork chops in the oven. In only 5 minutes, you’ll prep everything, and in 10-12 minutes, this recipe will be done and ready to eat. And the butter sauce is super easy to make as well.
How do I make tender pork chops in the oven?
- First, preheat the oven to 375°F. Then, season the pork chops well with salt and pepper. The amount of salt and pepper depends on your taste.
- Prepare the butter sauce by melting four tablespoons of butter in the microwave or stove. Once it’s melted, add the chopped thyme and garlic. Stir well, and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat, and when the skillet is really hot, add the pork chops, and sear them until they have a nice golden brown look, about 4 minutes per side.
- Pour the garlic butter mixture over the pork chops, and place the skillet in the oven. Cook until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145ºF.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, and using a spoon, pour some of the delicious butter sauce left in the skillet onto the pork chops before serving. Enjoy!!
Garlic Butter Baked Pork Chops are juicy, tender, and super-flavourful thanks to the amazing butter sauce. You need less than 20 minutes to make this recipe.
- 2 medium-sized pork chops — (I like to recommend pork chops from ButcherBox)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter — melted (use ghee if you’re doing whole30)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme — chopped
- 2 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, thyme, and garlic. Set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- When the skillet is really hot, add the pork chops. Sear until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Pour the garlic butter mixture over the pork chops.
- Place the skillet in the oven, and cook until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145ºF, about 10-12 minutes. The time depends on the thickness of your pork chops.*
- Remove from the oven. Using a spoon, pour some of the butter sauce left in the skillet onto the pork chops before serving.
* Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the pork chop.
Amount per serving (1/2) — Calories: 371, Fat: 35g, Saturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 100mg, Sodium: 478mg, Potassium: 193mg, Carbohydrates: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 14g