Made these this morning! I’m typically leery about homemade muffins because a lot of them have a grainy texture, but these were moist and spongy. They were good! Next time, I am going to try to add cinnamon and nuts instead of chocolate chips! The chocolate chips were delicious, but I loveeee nuts in my banana muffins!
Greek Yogurt Banana Muffins
Fluffy chocolate chip banana muffins made extra moist and packed with a protein boost from greek yogurt!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 medium bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tins (regular size, not jumbo, not mini) with baking cups/cupcake wrappers.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a larger bowl cream together butter and sugars. Add mashed bananas, greek yogurt, eggs, and vanilla, and mix well. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips if desired.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup. Bake for 15-20 minutes until tops are lightly golden. Allow to cool for a few minutes in the muffin tins before removing and allowing to cool completely. Serve warm or at room temperature, store in airtight container.
*If you have almond extract, I like to replace 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla with 1/2 teaspoon almond extract!