This dessert is really very yummy. I tried it at home. Everyone loved it. The recipe for this earl grey tart is completely dairy-free and yet the coconut cream creates a rich creamy flavour so you’re not missing out on that factor. Plus this recipe is refined sugar-free, using natural sweeteners to provide a lovely subtle sweetness to the vegan tart.
This healthy, refined sugar-free, no-bake vegan Earl Grey blueberry Tart with an almond/coconut base is a delicious addition to any afternoon tea or to impress guests this Summer!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut or in my case I used the leftover coconut meal after making coconut milk
- 5 dates
- pinch of salt
- 1 tBsp coconut oil only if needed when the base is not sticky
Vegan Tart Filling:
- 1.5 cups full fat coconut cream
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tBsp earl grey tea
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tBsp corn starch
- 2 tsp agar agar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a handful of blueberries
- a handful of dragon fruit balls
- 1 tBsp shredded coconut
- edible flowers optional
- or any of your favourite fruit or toppings
- Blend the almonds in a food processor/blender till a fine crumb. Add the rest of the crust ingredients and mix well until you obtain a uniform sticky mixture.
Note* If the crust isn’t sticky enough then add a tbsp of coconut oil and this will help it to stick together when chilled.
- Add the crust dough to a tart tin (8″/20cm) and spread it evenly on the whole surface. Leave to chill in the fridge, while you prepare the filling.
- Heat up the coconut cream in a medium saucepan, stirring well till smooth and uniform. Add the rest of the filling ingredients. Mash the blueberries in the saucepan so they release their juice, giving colour and flavour to the mix. Bring to a slow boil and cook for a few minutes until the mix thickens, stirring continuously.
- When the mixture has become thicker, remove from the heat and pour through a sieve to remove lumps.
- Pour the filling over the crust and leave it to cool completely. Place in the fridge for some time, till the filling is completely set. As the tart sets and the filling cools down, the colour will deepen (naturally) giving you a gorgeous dark purple!
- Decorate with blueberries, dragon fruit balls, shredded coconut and edible flowers or with your favourite toppings.