Really good and perfect, simple salad & tasty dressing. Smash the avocado into the dressing if you’re packing this for a lunch. The lemon juice keeps the avocado from browning and it makes the dressing thick.
for 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon French’s Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
- ¼ cup lemon juice(60 mL)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick® black pepper
- ⅔ cup olive oil(160 mL)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast(455 g)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ lb bacon(225 g), cooked
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 small tomatoes, on the vine, quartered
- radish, quartered
- 1 cup cucumber(135 g), sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Dressing: Whisk together French’s Dijon Mustard, shallots, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until dressing is fully emulsified. Set aside.
- Rub chicken breasts with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat up an oiled skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until seared on the first side, 3–4 minutes, then flip the chicken. Cover with a lid to allow the chicken to cook through, 7–10 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove from pan and let rest for 5–10 minutes, then cut into slices.
- Cut the hard-boiled eggs into quarters. Cut the bacon into 1-inch (2 ½ cm) pieces.
- Arrange the lettuce on a large platter. On top of the lettuce, place small piles of the chicken, eggs, bacon, tomatoes, radishes, cucumbers, and avocado.