These smore rice crispy treats are too cute for words . Smores rice crispy treats for two, made in a bread loaf pan. Rice krispies treats layered over graham crackers, mixed with chocolate chunks, and topped with toasted marshmallows.
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- pinch of salt
- 2 cup rice krispies cereal (I used the brown rice crisp cereal)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chunks
- 2 graham cracker sheets
- 9 large marshmallows
- In a small sauce pan, combine the mini marshmallows, butter, and salt. Warm over medium heat until everything melts into a smooth sauce. Stir often.
- Stir in the rice krispies, and remove from the heat.
- Stir the chocolate chunks into the rice krispies. In order to prevent melting the chocolate too much, I studded the rice krispie mixture with the chocolate chunks after it was already in the pan instead. It was just for aesthetics…do what you like.
- Press the rice krispie mixture flat onto the graham crackers. Next, snip the large marshmallows in half and dot them over the top.
- Broil the marshmallows until brown (about 4 minutes), or use a culinary torch.