Pork chops are best to eat when cooked to 145 degrees. This is very important when cooking pork chops, especially. This leaner cut will be more juicy and tender to the bite when cooked to 145 degrees.
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 1 hour
ADDITIONAL TIME 10 minutes
- 2 lbs pork chops
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 Tablespoons garlic butter
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Preheat grill to 275 degrees on indirect heat. Season pork chops by applying kosher salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and paprika on all sides.
- Place pork chops on grill and cook for an hour or until internal meat temps reach 135 degrees (meat will cook more when searing). When meat approaches this temp, get a cast iron skillet up to searing temps.
- Put garlic butter into cast iron skillet right before placing in the pork chops. Sear on each side for about a minute. Remove when pork reaches internal temp of 145 degrees. Drizzle honey on each side while meat rests for 10-15 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
Pork chops are done when meat reaches 145 degrees, which is good enough for medium doneness.