It’s very nice and tasty, although after it standing for a while in the fridge you need an actual chainsaw to cut it. I made this and thought it was absolutley lovely. It is very rich, but if you like dark chocolate, then this is a winner. My boyfriend loves this. You do only need small slices, but it is great for serving with coffee at a dinner party. The perfect pudding for a speedy, no-cook treat.
- 100g butter
- 400g dark chocolate
- 50g sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 200g macaroon or coconut biscuits, broken into pieces
- 100g Brazil nut, roughly chopped
- desiccated coconut, to serve
- Line a 900g loaf tin with a double layer of cling film. Melt the butter, chocolate and sugar in the microwave on medium for 2-3 mins or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water over a low heat. Stir in the cinnamon, macaroons or the coconut biscuits and nuts.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, smooth over the surface with a knife and cover completely with cling film. Leave in the fridge to set for at least 2 hrs. To serve, set on a plate, remove cling film and sprinkle with desiccated coconut. The cake is fairly rich, so slice into thin pieces and serve with fresh fruit or ice cream if you like.