This recipe promises easy and delivers on that promise. For the best flavour and golden, juicy result, you’re going to sear some pork chops in a butter/oil mixture. This not only promises BIG flavours, but delivers crispy yummy edges. Once your chops are done, you’re then going to sauté the mushrooms with garlic and herbs for even BIGGER flavours. Don’t forget to scrape up any browned bits leftover on the pan from the chops…MORE flavours here.
Seared Pork Chops with a creamy garlic and herb mushroom sauce is a super easy dinner recipe! Perfect for any night of the week! The ultimate ONE PAN Pork Chop Recipe is ready on the table in less than 20 minutes!
PREP: 5 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
TOTAL: 25 MINS
SERVES: 4 PEOPLE
- 4 pork chops, bone in or boneless (about 1-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon Seasoning salt (adjust to your taste)
- 1/3 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Creamy Mushroom Sauce:
- 1 cup sliced brown mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 3/4 cup reduced fat cream or half and half, (heavy cream or evaporated milk)
- Season chops with seasoning salt and pepper. Heat oil and butter in a frying pan or skillet over medium-high until butter is melted.
- When pan is hot, sear chops for about 3-4 minutes per side until golden browned and the centre is no longer bright pink (fry in batches if you need to). Transfer to a warm plate. Set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the buttery juices in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Scrape up any bits left over from the chops. When mushrooms are browned, add half parsley, half thyme and all of the crushed garlic; sauté for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Pour in the cream and bring to a gentle simmer for 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Add the chops back into the sauce, allow to simmer for a minute to heat through. Garnish with remaining herbs and serve immediately.
Optional wine add-in for the creamy sauce: After sautéing the garlic in Step 3, add in 1/2 cup dry white wine. Let simmer until liquid has reduced by half (about 3 minutes). Then continue on to Step 4.
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 89mg | Potassium: 588mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.9mg