It’s super easy to make! The beauty of loaf cakes are that you only have to bake in one tin and can put the icing straight on top and you’re ready to go! Fluffy and zesty vegan orange loaf cake with a simple orange drizzle icing. It’s super easy to make and so delicious! Perfect for a sunday bake or afternoon treat!
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 185g caster sugar
- 125ml rapeseed/canola oil
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- Juice of 2 oranges (~130ml)
- Zest of 2 oranges (~2.5 tbsp)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 90g/1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Line and grease a 9×5″ loaf tin.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar and and mix with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oil, milk, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the loaf tin and place in the oven for 45-55 minutes. It should be starting to turn golden brown on the edges. Do the toothpick test and once it comes out clean, its ready. If it’s not, leave in for a few more minutes.
- Make the icing by mixing the icing sugar and orange juice together until it forms a thick icing. Spoon onto the cake once cooled with the back of a spoon.
- Top with some extra orange zest and serve! Will make about 8-10 slices.
- Will keep in an air tight container for 3-4 days.