Most of the recipes for no bake vegan cheesecakes I have seen are nothing more than a cashew cream base that is then frozen and served semi frozen.
Serves: 1-8″ cake
- For the cheesecake:
- Vegan Cream Cheese 8oz package Tofutti Brand
- Granulated Vegan Sugar 1¼ cup (250g)
- Plant Milk *I am using Soy Milk 2 cups (473ml)
- Agar Powder ¾ teaspoon
- Cornstarch 3 Tablespoons
- Key Lime Juice 1 cup (237ml)
- For the Crust:
- Graham Crackers (or digestive biscuits) 1 package from the box- approx 10 sheets to make 1½ cups crumbs
- Vegan Butter 4 tablespoons (56g)
- Vegan Sugar 3 Tablespoons (43g)
- First prepare the crust by melting the vegan butter.
- Combine the graham crackers and sugar to a food processor and process to fine crumbs.
- Add the melted vegan butter and process to the consistency of wet sand.
- Press into the bottom on the acetate strip lined ring mold and refrigerate until needed
- For the cheesecake, combine all the ingredients (except the agar) together in a saucepot over medium high heat whisking constantly until the cream cheese is smooth
- Once the mixture is warm add the agar and continue whisking until the mixture thickens and just begins to boil
- Once it boils remove from the heat and pour into the prepared ring mold over the graham cracker crust
- Color some of the batter with green food color if desired then swirl into the cheesecake, and then refrigerate until set approx 3 hours