This was so easy and tastes like the old fashion fudge i used to make which took a lot longer than this one! Love it! The fudge set perfectly and tasted super yummy. Easily make my easy Homemade Chocolate Fudge recipe, a perfect no-bake chocolate dessert for the holidays or anytime of year!
- 1 1/3 cup (14oz/399g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 ⅓ cup (20oz/567g) dark or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Line a 9 x 9 inch pan with cling wrap. Set aside.
- Combine chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in a microwavable bowl.
- Cook on high (100% power) for 1 ½ minutes or until chips are JUST melted. Take care not to over heat the mix. Stir after 1 1/2 minutes. DON’T STIR TOO MUCH OR THE MIX WILL GET OILY.
- Gently stir in the vanilla extract and salt (or peppermint extract? orange etc)
- Pour the thick fudge into your pan. Press evenly into the corners. Sprinkle nuts, peppermint candy canes or candies on top now if desired
- Leave fudge to set for 4 hours or cover and leave it overnight.
- Cut into squares or cut out shapes with cutters. Store fudge at room temperature (not in the fridge) and wrap well so it doesn’t dry out. This fudge can be made a week in advance