The brownie base cooked perfectly flat and were perfectly chewy. The bits of the mint sandwich baked inside were a huge added bonus for the mint chocolate lover that I am. Then I used the chocolates for the frosting on top and mint was swirled throughout. These brownies looked gorgeous!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped mint sandwich chocolates Fernwood 14 oz box worked great
- 6 oz mint sandwich chocolates about 30
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine together flour, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter on low. Whisk in sugar and vanilla. Remove from heat and add the eggs.
- Combine wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and blend. Stir in 1 cup chopped mints.
- Bake 35-40 minutes and immediately coming out of the oven, place reserved 6 oz fernwood mints on top. Let sit for 5 minutes and smooth the melted chocolate on top like frosting. Let cool and serve!