The most fantastic thing about this pie is that it is no-bake. There is just something so wonderful about not having to turn on the oven on hot days. Then, there is something even better about having a nice cool, refreshing dessert after dinner, or for a sweet afternoon snack.
How to Make Macadamia Key Lime Pie:
A creamy and delicious no bake key lime pie with macadamia nuts for a delicious twist!
- 1 cup shortbread cookies crushed
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 package cream cheese 8 oz, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 oz
- 1/2 cup Key Lime Juice or lime juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts coarsely chopped
- lime peel optional
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs, macadamia nuts, and sugar. Stir in melted butter. Press into bottom and sides of a greased 9 inch pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl or mixer beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk and lime juice until blended. Transfer to crust. Refrigerate covered for at least 4 hours.
- In a small bowl beat heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Spoon or pipe on top. Top with macadamia nuts and lime peel if desired.