Lime gives this cake a burst of flavor and color. It’s super easy because you just use a box of white cake mix that you buy at the store, along with a package of lime jello mix, and some lime juice. But don’t worry, it’s not sour at all! It’s just enough lime juice to make it tasty, without being sour.
Perfectly moist lime cake, topped with a homemade lime buttercream frosting, and sprinkled with lime zest! Just the right balance of citrus and sweet in this yummy sheet cake. It’s easy, refreshing, and great for feeding a crowd!
- Course Dessert
- Cuisine American
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Servings 18
- Calories 223 kcal
- 1 box white cake mix plus ingredients on box
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 oz package lime instant JELLO gelatin mix
- 1/4 c butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 TB lime juice you can use more if you want a stronger citrus taste
- a few tsp lime zest
- 1-2 TB milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add white cake mix and gelatin mix to a medium bowl.
- Add the ingredients on the back of the cake mix box and lime juice. Beat until well combined.
- Pour into a greased 11×16 pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Let cool.
- While cake is cooling make frosting by creaming together butter and cream cheese. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, lime juice, lime zest and milk. Beat until smooth.
- Frost cake and ENJOY!