This is a pie to enjoy on your back porch and I promise that you can do it. Even if you think you can’t make pie, you can. You can make this one.
I’d recommend yellow over white but it may depend on what looks better to you. White peaches are juicy and have a light fragrance but don’t pack enough punch for me. They need more help than the yellow peaches which are intensely flavorful and aromatic.
- 1 [Magic Pie Crust] baked
For the Filling
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoons lemon Jello
- Dash of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Drops Yellow Food Coloring
- 3 Cups Peaches peeled and sliced
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch and water.
- Add the cornstarch to the sugar water and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the jello, salt, butter, vanilla, and food coloring until smooth.
- Place in the fridge to cool or set aside on the counter.
- Fold in the peaches and pour into the pie crust.
- Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.