The lemon cake tasted great with the curd and the frosting as well but looked a bit of a mess! Any ideas? I would love to try it again as the taste was wonderful. Lemon curd makes a delicious addition to so many desserts and toppings. This easy to make lemon curd recipe will become a favorite.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- lemon zest optional
- 1/4 cup butter diced and chilled
- pinch salt
- Whisk together eggs and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add lemon juice and stir constantly until coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pour through a fine sieve strainer into a large glass bowl.
- Add the optional lemon zest and combine.
- Add one tablespoon of chilled butter at a time and stir until completely melted. Add salt and stir to combine.
- Cover curd with plastic wrap directly on top of the curd and refrigerate for one hour up to a few days.