Honey Chipotle Pork Roast offers sweet heat along with ease and comfort. One of the reasons I love it is because it freezes really well. You can make up a batch of the sauce. Then freeze it with the pork roast. On the day you want to serve it, let it thaw, and cook. So easy. And only one pan gets messy.
- 4 Tbs raw honey
- 1/2 tsp chipotle hot sauce I used El Yucateco
- 1 Tbs Chipotle puree
- 1 tsp cilantro
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 lb pork roast
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place pork roast in a greased baking dish, white, fat cap side up.
- Using a knife, cut a criss-cross pattern into the top of the roast, through the fat layer.
- In a bowl, mix together the honey chipotle glaze, and spread half of it over the top of the roast
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Cover roast with remaining glaze, and bake an additional 35-40 minutes until it reaches an internal temp of at least 145 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.