We love it on a variety of salads but I think it pairs especially well with salads that have eggs in them. Really though, it’s kind of like Ranch- it goes well with almost any salad!. This slightly sweet, creamy homemade salad dressing goes wonderfully with nearly any salad. It’s super easy to make and is made with simple, basic ingredients.
Prep Time8 mins
Total Time8 mins
Servings: 2 1/4 cups
- 1 medium sweet onion (see Recipe Notes below)
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1/3 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 c. oil
- 6 Tbsp. mayonnaise opt.*
- Put all ingredients except mayonnaise in blender.
- Mix 2 to 5 minutes, so oil doesn’t separate.
- Add mayonnaise and blend until combined. Store refrigerated.
- If you prefer, you can use a regular onion instead. I typically use about 1/4 or 1/2 of a medium onion, depending on how strong it is. I recommend trying a small amount and adding more to taste!
- This is obviously healthier without the mayonnaise but it is also much creamier with it. We like it both ways but do prefer it with the mayo added.