This applesauce is delicious! This homemade applesauce recipe remains one of my favorite snacks. Light, healthy, and loved by all ages, applesauce can be enjoyed year round and is loved by me, my son, and my husband. Every time I prepare a big batch of this homemade applesauce it’s like digging into a big slice of apple pie.
This recipe for easy and delicious Homemade Cinnamon Applesauce is ready in just 30 minutes and makes the perfect sweet snack or healthy dessert.
PREP TIME:10 minutes
COOK TIME:30 minutes
TOTAL TIME:40 minutes
- 3 pounds apples – approx. 6 medium apples, peeled, cored, quartered and chopped into smaller chunks.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the peeled, cored, quartered and chopped apples in a large pot. Add the water, lemon juice, sugar, ground cinnamon, and salt. Stir well. Bring to a boil on high heat, then turn to low and cover. Maintain a low simmer for 30 minutes or until the apples are completely soft and cooked through.
- Once fully cooked, remove from heat. For a chunky applesauce, mash the apples in the pot with a potato masher. For a smooth applesauce, add to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth (if using a blender, work in batches and allow time to cool).
- Delicious served warm or cold.
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 364mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 15.7mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.4mg