I have made his several times and each time to the recipe. It is absolutely delicious.Normally I dont get to marinade it until an hour or so before but last time I marinaded it before I went to work in the morning and it smelt divine and tasted the best ever. Will make this again and again. Es fantastico!. This was the best positive reaction I have had with pork chops. The lemon/herb is an excellent complement to the chops. DEFINATELY do the griddled lemon wedges, squeezing in the pieces of pork cuts through any fattiness and makes every chunk tasty.. Cook these fresh, zesty chops on the barbecue, griddle or in a frying pan
- 6 big pork loin chops
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp fennel seeds, roughly chopped
- zest and juice 1 lemon, plus 1 lemon, quartered
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 bay leaves
- Sit the chops in a dish. Mix together the garlic, parsley, fennel seeds, lemon zest and juice, oil and bay, then rub all over the chops. Leave the chops to marinate for at least an hour, or up to a day.
- Heat a barbecue, frying pan or griddle pan. Season the chops, then cook for 5-8 mins on each side until cooked through (if cooking in batches, wrap the cooked chops in foil while you finish the rest). Add the lemon quarters for the last min to char, then serve alongside the pork.