It’s such an easy, healthy, and tasty meal, though. The pork chops are so simple, but full of flavor. I think the trick to great pork chops is using thin cut – at least that’s what we prefer. They cook up so quick and come out tender and juicy. The kale apple salad is also really simple. Massage your kale, toss it with the apples, add in some orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 5 min
Total Time 20 min
For the Pork Chops
- 2 Bone-In Pork Chops, I prefer thin-cut
- 1 Tablespoon Extra-Light Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
For the Kale Apple Salad
- 1 Bunch Fresh Kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1 Apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- ½ Large Orange, juiced
- 1-2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Place the pork chops in a shallow dish and cover them with the olive oil, lemon, thyme, salt, and pepper. Let the pork chops marinate while you prepare the salad.
- Take the chopped kale and “massage” it by squeezing small handfuls in your hand a few times. Toss in the apple and then add in the lemon and orange juice. Drizzle in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and toss well. If it seems a little dry, add in the other tablespoon of olive oil. Season the salad liberally with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan (or outdoor grill or broiler) over high heat. Grill the pork chops for 2-3 minute per side or until cooked to your liking.