This salmon recipe is an easy one to grill, and it comes together in about 30 minutes. You will love the flavor of this Garlic Honey Lime Salmon recipe today! It’s light and tasty, and the perfect dish for a small dinner party.
- 1 1.5-2 lb wild sockeye salmon fillet
- 3 garlic cloves, microplaned
- 1 1/2 limes, juiced and zested, plus more to serve
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1/3 c honey
- 1/4 c avocado or grapeseed oil
- 2 lb salmon fillet
- Kosher salt to taste
- Cilantro and lime to garnish
- Rinse and pat dry your salmon fillet. Season all sides generously with salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients; garlic, honey, lime, vinegar, avocado oil, cumin, coriander, and salt to taste. Whisk until honey has dissolved—the marinade will be loose.
- In a baking dish or large plastic bag, combine the salmon and marinade. Let sit for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, make a foil tray for barbecuing the salmon: Layer two large sheets of foil on a cutting board or large platter (large enough for salmon to fit and not hang off the edges). Make sure there is enough foil to create a lip, and fold all four sides about 1/2’’’ high to prevent leakage.
- Heat barbecue to 375 degrees.
- Transfer salmon to the foil tray, adding the remaining marinade from the bag. Place your salmon on the grill and cook for 8-12 minutes, depending on the size of your fillet (mine was 1.8 lbs and I cooked it for 10 minutes). When salmon is done, remove from heat and allow to rest.
- When ready to serve, garnish with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime!