This cake is definitely for you! I mean, who doesn’t like the taste of chocolate. The following double chocolate mousse cake recipe will make your day! Surprise your family or friends with a piece of this fantastic cake. Take this double-layer cake to the 3rd level of indulgence by serving with a dollop of double cream.
- 180 grams plain chocolate biscuits
- 90 grams butter, melted
- 250 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 200 grams milk chocolate, chopped
- 550 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Kahlua or other coffee-flavored liqueur
- To garnish: chocolate shavings or cocoa powder (optional)
- Grease and line with baking paper an 8-inch (20 cm) springform dish. Set aside.
- Apply biscuits in a blender or food processor and blend into fine crumbs. Place the butter and process until well blended. Press down the mixture into the pan. Put in the fridge for 25 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, in a saucepan, add the both chopped chocolates and melt over low heat; stir until smooth and melted. Remove and let it cool for 7-8 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, apply the heavy whipping cream and liqueur. Using an electric mixer, on medium-hind speed, beat until soft peaks form.
- Then, pour the chocolate mixture into the cream mixture; mix to incorporate. Spread the chocolate cream mixture over the biscuit layer and smooth with a spatula.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 4-5 hours to set.
- Before serving, dust with some cocoa powder or sprinkle chocolate shavings (if desired). Slice and serve.