I made this and it was so beautiful. This tasty fruit pizza recipe that takes all the guilt out of pizza eating. Sugar cookie, covered with a sweet cream cheese spread, and topped with your choice of fresh fruit. Drizzle with honey for added flavor!
- 1 16 ounce roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup amaretto*
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 cups assorted fresh fruit, such as halved green and/or red grapes, sliced strawberries, sliced mango, raspberries, sliced peaches, sliced kiwifruit, and/or sliced or chopped melon
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. For crust, line a 12-inch pizza pan with foil. Pat cookie dough evenly onto foil-lined pan. Build up edges slightly. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are light brown and center appears set. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Invert cooled crust onto baking sheet; remove foil. Place serving platter over inverted crust; invert platter and crust together.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, amaretto, and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in the almonds. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over top of the sugar cookie crust, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges uncovered. Top with assorted fresh fruit. If desired, drizzle with honey.