This is the Best pound cake recipe, as long as you Understand the Importance Of Creaming the butter and cream cheese together and then ADD the sugar and beat for 3 minutes until the mix is pale yellowish almost white which incorporates Air in the cake is Extremely important. then Barely incorporate egg JUST until yolk disappear then FOLD the dry ingredients Just to combine. and Sugar is actually considered a wet ingredient. This Cake will Come out the BEST Pound cake you have ever eaten.
US Customary – Metric
- 3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 (4 oz) package cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, using your hand mixer, cream butter and cream cheese together until fluffy, about a minute.
- Pour in sugar, eggs, egg yolks, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Beat until combined.
- Add in flour, cornstarch, and salt, and mix until *JUST* combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out *ALMOST* clean (it’s ok if a little sticks), about 1 hour 20 minutes – 1 hour 45 minutes.*
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan, place on cooling rack, and continue cooling until ready to serve!
- Slice and serve with your choice of toppings! **Pictured: whipped cream, apple slices, caramel, and pecans**