Bake these cinnamon swirl and mince pie mash-ups for your next festive gathering. They’re easy to make and a fun alternative to traditional pies
- 320g sheet of all-butter puff pastry
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- melted butter, for the tin (optional)
- 400g jar mincemeat (check the label if you’re vegetarian)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface, then roll out to a 45 x 30cm rectangle. Combine the sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over the pastry, then roll up lengthways to create a long log. Cut into 24 x 2cm-thick rounds, then lightly roll each one out until you have discs large enough to fit the holes of a 12-hole non-stick mini muffin tin (if the tin isn’t non-stick, brush with the melted butter).
- Put half the discs into the holes of the tin, pressing them into the bases and up the sides. Divide the mincemeat between the cases, then top each with one of the remaining discs. Chill for 30 mins. Brush with the egg and bake for 20-25 mins or until golden.