This chocolate pudding pie comes together quick and easy! And while the pictures show a homemade pie crust that has been blind baked, you can feel free to use a store bought crust, or use a graham cracker or chocolate cookie crust to make this a no bake pie. Chocolate Pie. Easy, homemade chocolate pudding is the perfect pie filling! Smooth and creamy chocolate layered with sweet, vanilla whipped cream is the perfect dessert.
- 1 pie crust
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1 adn ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 and ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chopped, (70% cocoa)
- 2 Tablespoon butter unsalted
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- whipped cream
- dark chocolate chopped
- Blind Bake Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Lay pie crust in a 9 inch pie dish. Trim excess and crimp edges. Line with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or beans.
- Bake the pie crust for 20 minutes, carefully remove the parchment paper and the weights. Continue baking the crust for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
Chocolate Pudding Pie Filling
- In medium size saucepan whisk together the cornstarch, sugar and salt.
- Add the egg yolks, milk and heavy cream. Whisk to combine.
- Heat over medium heat while whisking constantly until mixture starts to bubble around the edges and pudding thickens. Cook while stirring until thick with a pudding consistency.
- Remove pudding from the heat and stir in the dark chocolate, butter, and vanilla. Stir until combined and all chocolate and butter is melted. Mixture should be smooth.
- Pour pie filling into the prepared pie crust. Smooth the top. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 6 hours.
- After chilling, serve pie topped with whipped cream and extra chopped chocolate if desired.