Sheet cakes don’t get more delicious than this. This is definitely not your ordinary sheet cake. This is Vanilla Sheet Cake with Chocolate-Cinnamon Filling You Will Shock and will make again and again.
YIELDS: 15 – 18
PREP TIME: 0 hours 30 mins
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 30 mins
- Baking spray, for pan
- 3 c. all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 4-ounce bars of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 c. crispy rice cereal
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. vanilla bean paste
- 1 c. whole milk, at room temperature
Rich Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13-by-9-inch baking pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Pulse chocolate, cereal, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a food processor until chocolate is finely chopped, 10 to 12 times.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating to incorporate after each addition. Beat in vanilla bean paste. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture and milk alternately, starting and ending with flour mixture, just until flour is incorporated. Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle chocolate mixture evenly over batter and top with remaining batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Frost cake with Rich Chocolate Frosting.