Key Lime Pie, one of my absolute favorite desserts. I made these for a special someone who just loves key lime pie! They turned out beautifully and so rich and delicious.
- Serves 12
- 25 mins to prepare, plus 1-2 hrs chilling
- 405 calories / serving
- 250g chocolate digestives
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 85g unsalted butter
- 1 square dark chocolate, grated, to decorate
For the filling
- 5 limes, zested and juiced
- 397g tin Carnation Condensed Milk
- 300ml double cream
How To Make
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a fine crumb (or put in a sandwich bag and bash with a rolling pin). Put in a mixing bowl with the cocoa powder.
- Melt the butter in a pan (or microwave), then immediately pour it over the biscuit crumbs. Mix well until combined and the chocolate is melted.
- Spoon the biscuit mix into a loose-bottomed tart tin and press evenly into the base and up the sides. Chill in the fridge for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. In a large mixing bowl, use a hand-whisk to mix most of the lime zest (reserving a little to decorate) and juice with the condensed milk and double cream until you have a smooth, thick mixture.
- Remove the tart base from the fridge and spoon in the filling. Return to the fridge for 1-2 hrs until set.
- When ready to serve, remove the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate. Sprinkle with the reserved lime zest and a little grated dark chocolate.
To get the most juice from the limes, microwave them for 10 secs before juicing.