Thickly sliced, lightly covered with turbunado sugar, these caramelized plantains are a total fit for a snack, dessert or as a treat. And it comes together in just under 15 minutes.
Riped plantains, toss with sugar and fry to caramelized perfection. This recipe is a sweet treat to any side dish, or dessert. Totally flavorful and delicious!
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cook Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 12 minutes
- 3 ripe plantains (chopped into 2″ thick)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons turbinado sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Place plantains in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkles sugar, salt, cinnamon over. Stir well to coat.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add coconut oil until melted.
- Add the plaintains and cook for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for another 3 minutes. Flip the plantains a few times to prevent the sugar from burning.