An easy to make, brandy chocolate and pear moist cake is one of the most delicious fruit and chocolate desserts that I’ve ever tried! It’s an ideal breakfast, dessert or tea cake. Plus, very simple to prepare and your kitchen will smell so good! Your family will love this treat! It will take you 20 minutes to prepare it and around 40-45 minutes to cook. Following, read the instructions:
- 3 Pears (Anjou, Bartlett, or William)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sunflower or vegetable oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease and flour a 9-in. cake pan. Set aside.
- Combine together the cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another medium bowl, combine together the milk and yogurt, set aside.
- Next, rinse, peel, core and slice your pears, then cut them into tiny pieces. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy, around 4-5 minutes. Then gradually pour the oil and beat to combine.
- After that, apply the dry ingredients along with the yogurt mixture. Mix to combine, around one minute. Pour the brandy and stir in the pear pieces and simply combine the batter with a spatula or spoon.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 42-45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Allow cooling. Before serving, dust with icing sugar (if desired). Slice and serve.