The best thing about this baklava sundae dessert is that you actually can make it ahead of time. The tart shells stay crisp for about 12 hours after you scoop the ice cream into them. I honestly don’t know how I waited 12 hours to find this out for you, but I persevered.
- 1 1.9-oz package mini fillo shells (pre-baked)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup orange blossom honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water (optional)
- Defrost the phyllo tart shells. You can crisp them in a hot oven if you like, but mine didn’t need it.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, 1/2 cup water, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a gentle simmer and let bubble for about 20 minutes. Be careful not to let the mixture boil over, because it’s um, very sticky.
- Remove the honey syrup from the heat, discard the cinnamon stick, and stir in the orange blossom water (if using).
- To serve, place a mini scoop of vanilla ice cream in each tart shell, and top with the honey-nut syrup.
- *You can pre-fill the tart shells with the ice cream and they’ll stay crispy for about a day ahead of time.